
Just how high is the expectation which has been placed upon this man?
Unless he delivers an economic miracle, world peace and an end to global warming within the next six months, some people are going to label him a failure. It seems like a measure of ex-president Bush's low level of popularity that this fairly inexperienced man (though with a gift for oratory) is treated as the Messiah. One thing on his side is the goodwill he seems to generate, from the grandees of his party to President Ahmadinejad of Iran.
On less worldly matters, I have snowdrops appearing in my garden. I am not however the world's biggest snowdrop fan. I want flowers to signify the begining of Spring, but these seem to appear in mid-Winter and so don't hold the same excitement.
I did a beautiful walk in Wensleydale at the weekend with my godson Jamie and his Dad. We went from Bainbridge to the small lake of Semerwater, a delightful if chilly stroll. I wore a particularly stylish woolly hat, which was roundly mocked by the others until we were walking straight into a cold wind, when I am pleased to report that the mocking turned to envy.
No comments:
Post a Comment