Sunday, 21 December 2008

Hitting the Xmas party jackpot

I have decided that it is time to inflict some of my thoughts, musings and inanities on an unsuspecting world. The idea of doing this seems a little self indulgent to me, so I am planning to use this as a sort of personal diary/aide memoir, and if anyone reads it and thinks it is any good, fantastic.

This weekend has been a time of relative relaxation following a somewhat hectic Christmas party schedule during the week. Last year my job change meant that I did not get to go to any parties; this year I have had four. These have included a couple of fine meals, notably Bibis in Leeds and the Abbey Inn in Bramley/Horsforth, a splendid pub which I had not been to before. There was also some pretty impressive ceilidh dancing at the BTCV party. My previous attitude to ceilidh was scepticism, but I am now a devout convert and am looking forward to more formation dance in 2009.

This is possibly my only post before Christmas, so can I wish all my readers (no doubt lapping this up in their thousands) a happy and peaceful Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Ceilidh's rock! I used to go to one every month. We just had to watch out for the hardcore ceilidhites, they didn't think it was funny when we messed up any sequences, fell over, went to fast, too slow or otherwise broke the laws of ceilidh.

    ReplyDelete