Sunday, 28 December 2008

Xmas excess and a beautiful beach

Once again any attempts to avoid the festive excesses have failed spectacularly. I am playing squash tomorrow night and expect to struggle to complete the game, though competitive spirit may see me through. The path back to relative fitness seems a long one.


Christmas Day included a trip to the beautiful Lannacombe beach (above), a childhood favourite. Set at the end of its own valley and with rugged crags rising on either side, it's probably the most beautiful beach in South Devon. I was trying to think of better beaches that I have been to, and it struck me that I have been to relatively few beaches, and the only one which comes close to Lannacombe is Whitehaven in the Whitsunday Islands off Queensland, Australia. I am told that there are some good ones on the Northumberland coast, where I have never been but intend to visit in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment