Monday, 15 February 2010

Sporting frustrations

Another night of frustration on the squash court. I am still looking for my first victory since tearing my calf back in August. I felt like some of the sharpness was returning this evening, but still lost 3-1, though missed some great chances to get to 2-2. Perhaps the problem is psychological. I lost the first game heavily and after that it was always going to be tough.

There was just a hint of Spring in the weather yesterday. I walked my (now usual) route from Cononley to Pinhaw Beacon, with fantastic views acroos the snow covered Great Whernside and Buckden Pike. I am hoping for an early Spring and long hot Summer, though this may all prove optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Chris,

    I noticed on your blog that you had tagged indoor rowing as an interest.

    If you want to get some extra motivation for 2011 fitness then why not join a virtual rowing team?

    Read about Empty the Tanks at my blog:

    http://carolinesrowing.blogspot.com/

    There is a January team competition on until the 31st - read about how to get involved on the right hand side of my blog.

    All the best for 2011,

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete